Dele Momodu shaking hands with President Muhammdu Buhari
1. My prediction is that Nigeria is not going to witness any substantial change in the near future.
2. I predict with the greatest sense of responsibility that barring any major development, especially age and health reasons, President Buhari will contest the next presidential election.
3. If the Nigerian economy continues to nosedive along this present freefall path, Buhari is likely to face stiff opposition from within his own political party and from outside.
4. Buhari will continue to hold sway in APC and his challengers would have to find somewhere else to try their luck.
Buhari would try to unleash terror on such recalcitrant fellows and whip them back into line.
5. Next, I predict the emergence of a third force. APC elements would combine with PDP factions and form a new party.
6. Strange as it may seem after what has gone before, the number one contender against President Buhari is the immediate past President, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, mark my word.
7. A member of the ruling APC party, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, and Mallam Nasir El-Rufai may compete for the president’s post if Buhari decides not to run.
Read the full opinion here.