Connect with us

Uncategorized

Ohanaeze Ndigbo reacts after Arewa youths finally withdrew their quit notice to Igbos in the north

Published

on

The Ohanaeze Ndigbo has reacted to the withdrawal of the quit notice to Igbopeople in the northern part of Nigeria few weeks to its expiration.

On Thursday, August 24, the northern youths announced the withdrawal of the quit notice that had caused serious tension in the country for many

Reacting to the announcement, the Nigerian Tribune reports that the deputynational publicity secretary of OhanaezeNdigbo, Chucks Ibegbu, commended the youths for the withdrawal of the notice.

The report said Ibegbu spoke in a telephone interview saying:

“The withdrawal of the quit notice is a welcome development.“I am happy that the Arewa youths have to realise that it was wrong in the first instance for any person or group of persons to issue a quit notice to any group to leave Nigerian territory.

“The Arewa Youths got it wrong ab initioas they have no constitutional right to sack Ndigbo from their area.

“I am also happy that the present administration has said it without any equivocation that every Nigerian is free to live in any part of the country.“We have to remind ourselves that injustice, marginalisation, among others, led to hate speeches and restiveness in the land.

“The present administration should try as much as possible to address the perceived political imbalance to stem further agitation across the country,”he said.

We had reported earlier that theCoalition of Northern Youth Groups(CNYG) withdrew the “quit notice” issued Nigerians of the Igbo extraction to leave the 19 Northern states by October 1.

The CNYG’s decision to withdraw the quit notice followed series of meetings with numerous stakeholders.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Visited

Subscribe to News feed

Enter your email address to subscribe to Crowd24ng and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Trending