Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Nigeria’s former President, Olusegun Obasanjo has said both PDP and APC are leprous hands with few clean fingers, saying that to achieve a perfect coalition ahead of the 2019 election, few of the clean fingers must be poached to join his coalition. He said associating with PDP or APC would mean patronizing failure.
2. Former aide to ex-Nigerian president, Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri, has blamed the the federal government for deliberately removing names of APC alleged looters from the list of looters it recently released. Omokri consequently released 10 named from the APC who should have been included in the list. They are: Rotimi Amaechi, Saminu Turaki, Timipre Sylva, Murtala Nyako, Danjuma Goje, Abdullahi Adamu, Joshua Dariye, Fenmi Fani Kayode, Orji Kalu, and Babachir Lawal.
3. Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has said President Muhammadu Buhari was presiding over the most corrupt government in the history of Nigeria and protecting looters of the country’s commonwealth.
4. Troops of Operation Lafiya Dole deployed in the Cashew Plantation around Bille Shuwa and Alikaranti villages have foiled an attempt by Boko Haram terrorists to penetrate Maiduguri metropolis. A statement, on Monday, from Colonel Onyema Nwachukwu, Deputy Director Public Relations Theatre Command Operation Lafiya Dole said the insurgents met stiff resistance from troops who killed six of them and neutralised 7 suicide bombers in the encounter.
5. The Kogi State Police command on Monday confirmed the rearrest of Kabiru Seidu, aka Osama and five other notorious suspects who escaped from police custody last week. The Kogi State Police Public Relations oOficer, ASP William Aya said the six suspects have been moved to Abuja.
6. Nelson Mandela’s ex-wife, Winnie Madikizela-Mandela is dead. According to the family spokesman, Victor Dlamini, she died after a long illness, for which she had been in and out of hospital since the start of the year. He said Winnie died in the early hours of Monday afternoon surrounded by her family and loved ones.
7. The Federal Government has warned Nigerians over consuming imported rice smuggled into the country. Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, issued this caution during a media briefing in Lagos on Monday. Mohammed said the government could not guarantee the healthy status of the rice, having spent months on the high seas and warehouses.
8. Nigerian football legend, Nwankwo Kanu has announced he will run for President of Nigeria in 2019. The former Arsenal FC and Inter Milan forward said he was inspired to run for presidency by the feat attained by George Weah..
9. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, has assured Nigerians that Leah Sharibu, the Christian girl still held by Boko Haram terrorists, would soon be released. The Vice President gave the assurance yesterday in Lagos.
10. An apprentice, Okwudili Okoro, has confessed to the Ogun State Police Command how and why he murdered his master, Azubuike Okoro and his wife, Jacinta. Okwudili said he killed his master who happens to be his brother and his wife because the man refused to settle him after completing his three years apprenticeship.