Connect with us

Uncategorized

What Caused Fire at Trump Towers 50th Floor, Killed 1 and Injured 6 Firefighters

Published

on

What Caused Fire at Trump Towers 50th Floor, Killed 1 and Injured 6 Firefighters

Last night, fire erupted on the 50th floor of theTrump Tower in Manhattan, the home of President Trump with a 911 call being placed at 5:30pm to alert authorities.

Sadly, 67 year old popular art dealer Todd Brassner was in his apartment where the fire started. He died after being transported to Mount Sinai Roosevelt Hospital in critical condition. He was residing in apartment 50C. The deceased tenant of the posh Trump Tower pad filed for bankruptcy in 2015.

What Caused Fire at Trump Towers 50th Floor, Killed 1 and Injured 6 Firefighters

In the bankruptcy filing it says the apartment he lived is worth $2.5million. ‘The limited support of his family coupled with his medical problems caused the debtor to fall into arrears on his mortgage, credit card payments and line of credit payments,’ says the filing.

67-year old man dies and 6?firefighters injured as fire broke out on the 50th floor to Trump Towers

Six firefighters also sustained non-life threatening injuries. During a press conference at the scene, FDNY Commissioner Daniel Nigro said ‘the apartment was virtually, entirely on fire’ when firefighters arrived.

President Trump took to Twitter to react to the incident saying, ‘Fire at Trump Tower is out. Very confined (well built building). Firemen (and women) did a great job. THANK YOU!’

Fire at Trump Tower is out. Very confined (well built building). Firemen (and women) did a great job. THANK YOU!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 7, 2018

His son, Eric Trump, also congratulated the firefighters before news of the death, saying “the @FDNY and @NYPD are truly some of the most incredible people anywhere!”

The fire at Trump Tower comes three months after a minor fire broke out in a cooling tower on the roof of the building. Two people were injured in the fire, which officials said may have been caused by electrical heaters inside the cooling tower.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Visited

Subscribe to News feed

Enter your email address to subscribe to Crowd24ng and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Trending