The Ghanaian government has vowed to rebuild the crushed piece of the Nigerian High Commission building.
Review that some armed men attacked the office a week ago and wrecked the structure which was as yet under development and meant for Nigerian High Commission staff.
Addressing journalists on Thursday June 25, Ghana’s Minister of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration Mrs Shirley Ayokor Botchewey said the demolished structure will be reestablished to its unique state.
Botchewey further uncovered that Nigeria paid for the land 20 years prior despite the fact that the High Commission couldn’t produce the rent, land title certificate and building license of the land.
She revealed that a board of trustees comprising of authorities of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ghana Police Service, National Security, and the Lands Commission had been established to examine the unlawful destruction of the structure, while likewise encouraging that the administration of Ghana would effectively engage in the Nigeria government at the most elevated level, to address the stalemate and help calm pressures in the two nations.
The Minister said;
“The Land Commission will formerly inform the Osu Traditional Council that in August 2000, offer was made to High Commission of Nigeria, irrespective of the title of land in question.
“The offer was accepted by the High Commission and payment was made accordingly that constituted a contract.
“The Land Commission will proceed to issue a Land Certificate to the High Commission of Nigeria, to regularise it’s ownership of the property in question.
“Ghana will take immediate steps to engage the Osu stool and all stakeholders on the impasse.
“Ghana will ensure that the demolished building is restored to its original state as soon as possible.
“The High Commission of Nigeria will take appropriate steps to obtain building permit for the construction.”