Thomas Stanley Holland, popularly known as Tom Holland, is an English actor who is best known for his role as Peter Parker in the Spider-Man franchise of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Born: 1 June 1996
City: Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Education: The Brit School, Donhead Preparatory School, Wimbledon College
Height: 5 feet 8 inches tall
Early Life and Education
Thomas Stanley Holland was born on 1 June 1996 in Kingston upon Thames, London to Dominic Holland, a comedian and Nicola Elizabeth, a photographer. He has three younger brothers: twins Harry and Sam and Patrick.
Holland was educated at Donhead, a Roman Catholic preparatory school in Wimbledon located in South West London, before going into Wimbledon College until December 2012. After attending Wimbledon College he moved to BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology in Croydon.
Holland’s potential was spotted by choreographer Lynne Page (who was an associate to Peter Darling, choreographer of Billy Elliot and Billy Elliot the Musical) when he performed with his dance school as part of the 2006 Richmond Dance Festival.
In June 28, 2008, Holland made his West End debut in Billy Elliot the Musical as Michael, after going through eight auditions and two subsequent years of training.
In 2009, he was featured on ITV1 show ‘The Feel Good Factor’, and made his feature debut in the 2012 movie The Impossible, directed by J.A. Bayona.
Although, Holland was cast in the British dub of the animated fantasy film Arrietty, providing a voice for the principal character Sho.
On 23 June 2015, it was announced that Holland was cast as a teenage Peter Parker / Spider-Man, and made his first appearance as Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War (2016).
In July 2017, Holland reprised his role as Peter Parker in Spider-Man: Homecoming. The movie not only received positive reviews, but Holland earned a Guinness Book of World Records title as the youngest actor to play a title role in the MCU.
Holland continued to star as Spider-Man in Avengers: Infinity War, released in 2018 and then in the follow-up, Avengers: Endgame, released on 26 April 2019.
Tom Holland has an estimated net worth of $15 million. Holland earned $250,000 in his first appearance as Spiderman in “Captain America: Civil War”, and then earned $500,000 base salary for “Spiderman: Homecoming”. He earned $3 million for his appearance in 2018’s “Avengers: Endgame.” Today his standard base salary for a single film appearance is $4-5 million.
Awards and Recognitions
- 2012 Joe Barber Award Best Youth Performance Nominated
- 2012 SLFCA Award Special Merit (for best scene, cinematic technique or other memorable aspect or moment) Won
- 2012 PFCS Award Best Youth Performance in a Lead or Supporting Role – Male Won
- 2012 NFCS Award Best Youth Performance Won
- 2012 NBR Award Breakthrough Performance – Male Won
- 2012 Spotlight Award Movie Won
- 2012 CFCA Award Most Promising Performer Nominated
- 2013 Young Artist Award Best Performance in a Feature Film – Leading Young Actor Won
- 2013 OFTA Film Award Best Youth Performance Won
- 2013 OFTA Film Award Most Cinematic Moment Nominated
- 2013 ALFS Award Young British Performer of the Year Won
- 2013 Goya Best New Actor Nominated
- 2013 Empire Award Best Male Newcomer Won
- 2013 CEC Award Best New Actor Nominated
- 2013 COFCA Award Breakthrough Film Artist Nominated
- 2013 Critics Choice Award Best Young Actor/Actress Nominated
- 2013 Saturn Award Best Performance by a Younger Actor/Actress Nominated
- 2016 Young Artist Award
Best Performance in a Feature Film – Supporting Young Actor (14 – 21) Nominated
- 2017 Rising Star Award Won
- 2017 London Film Critics’ Circle Awards Young British/Irish Performer of the Year Nominated
- 2017 Teen Choice Awards Choice Breakout Movie Star Spider-Man: Homecoming Nominated
- 2017 Teen Choice Awards Choice Summer Movie Actor Won
- 2018 Saturn Awards Best Performance by a Younger Actor Won
- 2018 Teen Choice Awards Choice Action Movie Actor Avengers: Infinity War Nominated
- 2019 Teen Choice Awards Choice Summer Movie Actor Spider-Man: Far From Home Won
- 2020 Kids’ Choice Awards Favorite Superhero (as Peter Parker / Spider-Man) Avengers: Endgame / Spider-Man: Far From Home Won
- 2021 Critics’ Choice Super Awards Best Voice Actor in an Animated Movie Onward Nominated